Monday, March 11, 2013

Chapter 8



This is the first time I've ever touched snow! It was beautiful. School was canceled so me and Jem decided to have some fun. We built a snow man with the dirt and covered it in snow because there wasn't enough. We made the snowman look like Mr. Avery but when we showed Aticus he wasn't too pleased. Aticus told us to change it so we put Mrs. Maudie's hat on him and her hedge clippers as hands.


That night Aticus woke us up told us to get dressed and brought us outside. I was in shock to see Mrs. Maudie's house in flames. All the neighbors tried to help get out the furniture but the house didn't make it. Mrs. Maudie wasn't upset about it though. She said she wanted a smaller house so she could have a huge garden. Aticus asked me where i got the blanket i had on. I don't even remember having one when i came outside. Jem said it was Boo Radley but he always tries to pull my leg. We told Aticus about the strange things that have been happening with Boo. He said just to keep to ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment